Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Resume DON'T # 13,243

Once upon a time, I was searching on Workopolis.com for candidates, and came across someone who met some of the criteria in my search. 

I thought... "hmm this person looks good - I'll add them to my system and give them a call". 

As I was adding the resume to the system, I hit "select all" and "copy" (as you do...)

This particular candidate had quite a bit of white space at the bottom of their resume, which as it turns out... wasn't white space at all.  And of course when I highlighted everything the white space showed a giant paragraph.

The candidate had used white font, to include a quite elaborate text at the bottom of the resume, with intimate details of their life, etc.  It was QUITE long, and waaaay too personal.  Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but double check your resumes to ensure you didn't hit PASTE by accident!

Some things you just don't want to put on your resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment